Back in graduate school, I was obsessed with “Sex in the City”. I loved the show, watched it all the time, and could quote so many episodes! In one of the episodes, Carrie Bradshaw writes an article about “Secret Single Behavior”. These covered the realm of “secret” activities that everyone did when they were by themselves, away from the watchful eye of a significant other or spouse. I just found these hilarious, because of course we all have secret behaviors that we enjoy but wouldn’t want others to know about. And, as a crafter, I’m willing to guess that there are a lot of other creative types out there that have some “Secret Crafty Behavior”. Not secret because its weird or abnormal, but more because it is quirky, silly, and just unique to us….or maybe not 😉 So, for your personal amusement, I thought I’d create a list of some secret crafty behavior habits that I have formed over the years. Feel free to add some of your own in the comments below!
Sunday Secret #9 – Secret Crafty Behavior Revealed
1. I clean up BEFORE I start crafting and just leave it messy when I am done.
2. When crafting at home alone, I tend to crank the music up to obscene levels. Currently I am blasting the Taylor Swift Station on Amazon music.
3. If I’m not listening to music, I am generally watching YouTube videos about crafting WHILE I am crafting. My go-to topic? Craft rooms tours!
4. I always have a beverage while crafting, and it is never water. Usually Diet Dr. Pepper is my go-to, but also coffee or wine, depending on the time of day!
5. I can’t craft with my hair down. It’s like I can’t get into a groove when it isn’t in a pony tail.
6. I also don’t like to craft with my wedding ring on, so I always take it off and put it in the master bedroom when I’m really ready to get my craft on!
7. Originally at the top of my desk, I had 9 vases to hold pens, but the lack of symmetry drove me crazy, so I got another one and moved my Prismacolor brush markers over.
8. I collect hand-lettering tools, but have never once actually tried to do real hand-lettering.
9. My IKEA chair tends to sink down as I am working. (I’ll just pretend it has nothing to do with my weight). So, before I sit down to craft, I spin it to the left three times to raise it up.
See…nothing scandalous, just a few quirky things about me and my crafting behavior. What are your funky crafting quirks?
Keep it creative,
-The Scrappy Wife