Have you heard of the Memory Dex craze that is taking over the Bible Journaling world? At least it feels like that when you take a few minutes to cruise through Instagram! Heidi Swapp created cute Rolodex boxes that she called Memorydex boxes. The idea is that you could design these small cards in whatever you wanted and keep them in a Rolodex system, displayed beautifully in your home or office. Many Bible journaling ladies have been using these cards to record their favorite verses, thoughts on devotionals, or perhaps even prayers. The beauty of these cards is that their small size makes it easy to complete a card in 5-10 minutes at the most. You are left with a small, gorgeous reminder of the thoughts that God has laid on your heart!
I resisted joining the bandwagon for a while, but once I jumped in, I was in love! I decided to create a few of these cards in a batch format so that I would have them ready to go when I wanted to record a scripture, prayer, inspirational quote, or memory. Check out my YouTube video to see how I created these adorable cards:
Creating them in a batch made it really fun to mix and match different leftover elements from various collections and devotionals. I followed a very simple procedure:
- Choose various patterned papers and cut them to size (4.25″ wide by 3.5″ tall).
- Round off edges of each card and use MemoryDex punch to add notches.
- Place 2-3 ephemera (paper die-cuts) on each card.
- Incorporate washi tape onto the front of each card.
- Adhere all elements on the front of the card.
- Using a Project Life journaling card to create journaling space on the back of each card.
- Embellish the back of each card with any leftover ephemera pieces or washi elements.
These were super simple to make and only took about 45 minutes for the entire project. That’s only 5 minutes per card! This is a fantastic project if you have been feeling the pull to get creative, but have trouble finding the time to dedicate to a more in depth project. These cards and this system have so many endless possibilities….think gratitude notes, the advent story, preserving a memory a week, collecting prayers, and so many more possibilities! Have you tried this system yet? What are you using it for? Let me know in the comments below!
Keep it creative,
-The Scrappy Wife
- Precious Memory Box (Currently out of stock, but keep checking back!)
- Heidi Swapp Memory Dex
- Heidi Swapp Memory Dex Punch
- Corner Punch
- Tombow permanent tape runner
- Various supplies from my stash…use what you have!