It has been quite a while since I have created a FaithDex card to go along with a devotional or to memorize a scripture verse. I felt like the “Chasing Rainbows” devotional by Vanessa Walker for Illustrated Faith was the perfect opportunity to jump back into this method for studying. I opted to pre-make FaithDex cards for each section of the devotional in order to really optimize my study time.
The process for creating these cards was very simple and playful:
- Cut watercolor paper down to 3″ x 4″.
- Using a Heidi Swapp MemoryDex punch, punch out the appropriate holes so that the card fits in your FaithDex system.
- Spray each card with a base color, in rainbow order.
- Embellish each card with embroidery floss, stamping, and stenciling.
- Attach embellishments that are all within the same color scheme. You can use paper die-cuts that come with the kit, or raid your stash.
- Stamp the title of each section of the devotional on the corresponding card, and you are done!
I’m excited to jump into this devotional, and because of the hectic time of year with my kids beginning virtual school, I am also excited that a lot of the art work is already done. Now, I will be able to focus on the study and it won’t seem quite so daunting to work through.
Have you ever tried a FaithDex system? What do you find it is the best method for memorizing scripture? Let me know in the comments below!
Keep it creative,
-The Scrappy Wife
Supplies: (Some of these are affiliate links…thanks in advance for supporting my blog!)